You’re busy. You have a lot of work to do, and you need to find time for the things that matter most. That’s why it is so important to schedule your emails in Outlook. Planning ahead will help you stay on top of everything, and feel less overwhelmed by your inbox!
This post will show you how to schedule an email in Outlook Office 365.
How to send an one-off email message in Outlook:
- Open Outlook. You can find it in the Start menu, or on your desktop if you have it pinned to the taskbar.
- Click File -> New Email (or press Ctrl+N). Fill out the email subject line.
- Type your message and click “Send” when finished typing!
How to schedule recurring emails in Outlook:
- Click the “New E-mail” button in Outlook. Fill out the subject line of your message.
- Type your message.
- In the lower right corner, you’ll see an option to schedule this e-mail as a recurrence. Toggle it on with no date or time set, then choose how often you want to send it (daily, weekly etc). You can also specify days of the week that it should be sent on by clicking each day under “Recurrence.” Then toggle back off the Recur box! It is important not to put in any specific dates or times so that this will automatically go out according to your chosen frequency.
- Hit “Send.”
How to schedule an email that will be sent at a later scheduled date:
- Type your message and click “Options” in the menu bar near the top of the screen;
- Click on “Delay Delivery”;
- Tick the box “Do not deliver before” and choose the date and time you want it to be sent;
- Then close the window and send the email.
Now you can see you will have an unsent email in your “Outbox”, which will be sent later on the scheduled day and time. Voila! It’s just that simple. If you still have questions, feel free to reach out IT support team!